Technology, opportunity, need and competition are the important keywords for new business development and it seems the necessary base already exists for Internet of Things, IoT, to be an inseparable part of our lives.
Increasing speed and availability of the internet, increase wealth, investment and openness for both to technology and innovation, a new generation around the world who doesn't know life without internet all comes together to prove a huge market for IoT.
Important IoT Numbers
- Between 2015 and 2021, IoT is expected to increase at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23 percent, making up close to 16 billion of the total forecast 28 billion connected devices by 2021. Source: Ericsson
- Estimated to grow from USD 157.05 billion in 2016 to USD 661.74 billion by 2021. Source: Research & Markets
- There will be 34 billion devices connected to the internet by 2020, up from 10 billion in 2015. (IoT devices will account for 24 billion, while traditional computing devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, etc.) will comprise 10 billion.) Source: Business Insider
- Nearly $6 trillion will be spent on IoT solutions over the next five years. Source: Business Insider
- The Internet of Things on the global economy might be as high as $6.2 trillion by 2025. Source: McKinsey
Connected Everything - Design Products
With Apple, the sexy and smart became partially a part of our lives. Companies realized with wakening call that the design is an essential part of any product for them to be conceived as marketable product.
Basically, smart products mean internet and they basically mean IoT. They are all connected to speak with each other and make our lives easier, fun, safer, faster and overall more connected.
Designclusive Selection of the Best IoTs
Tesla is not a car, but simply a driveable car connected to the factory itself. That is how they update a flaw, upgrade a current version of their program, make the car Insane or upload the autopilot software over night. It is simply amazing and automotive sector around the world is going to follow the same path, otherwise, they will fade away.
Amazing and affordable product to centrally control and monitor your IoT product at home. You can basically check your lights, sensors, thermostat, security etc. and also use Echo as a standalone device.
Moto 360 Smart Watch
Moto 360 changed how the smart watch is perceived by companies. It made companies realize that smart watches are to be seen as fashion products more than tech products. It had to look beautiful and that way, it could become a product loved by millions. That's exactly what Moto 360 did and others followed.
Samsung Hub Family Refrigerator
The Family Hub of Samsung is a smart refrigerator with a WiFi enabled touchscreen that lets you manage your groceries, connect with your family and entertain like never before. It will change the whole feeling of your kitchen.
Canary Home Security
Canary helps the Internet of Things take on home security. With HD Camera, microphone, night vision and motion detection, Canary offers full time home security using the sleekly designed app along with temperature, humidity and air quality control.